বৃহস্পতিবার, ১৫ সেপ্টেম্বর, ২০১৬

A Word of Acceptance and Acclamation

Writer
- K C Milan

Unfortunately I forgot what definition of word according to Grammar is. So I had to take sometimes to find it out. 
However, I found the definition of word which is "Word is a meaningful element of speech or word is a meaningful element used with others to make a complete sense." 
The definition itself shows the importance of word. 
Without word we can make a kind of sound but cannot express what we want to. 
An old and almost a forgotten memory was getting back its root in my mind while I was thinking about it. 
Long ago while I was young and a college student I discovered one day that a beautiful girl from my nearby area was after my heart. 
Instead of saying "I love you" I exhibited a number of signs to make her understand about the weakness that I have for her. 
I was fool and I discovered my foolishness on a particular day after several months when she told me to wish her a happy married life. 
I don't know from where I got so much courage. Only on that day I told that I love her. 
She replied with much surprise saying 'Why didn't you tell me?" 
Let me stop here. I told this only to make it clear that apart from saying in words we may use some other means to make someone to understand our feelings which may work sometimes but not most of the times. 
Here is the inevitable use and importance of word. 
It seems to me words can be categorized or classified in a number of categories or classifications like word of love, word of hatred, word of disappointment, word of inspiration, word of criticism, word of acclamation and so on. 
The words of all these categories are effective enough to bring immediate actions. 
The people of Bangladesh use to listen to a recorded speech of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman especially on the day of victory, the 16th of December. 
This is the only speech of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman that has been classified as not only historical but inspirational. 
I too listened to this speech several times. This is really inspirational and encouraging. 
Bangabandhu delivered this speech to inspire the unarmed general public to face the armed forces of the then West Pakistan and snatch freedom. 
And only in six month time it happened. 
I have seen some people so spirited, so encouraged, so inspired that they can as if fly over the clouds and touch the sky. Encouragement was the reason behind them and disappointment was also a reason behind them I saw disappointed. 
I encountered a number of people neither beaten up nor injured but crying. They were crying being mentally hurt at rude behavior or cruel words. 
This is how the words work, this is what can be called power. 
Words have power of destruction and power of repair. 
In this finishing line of the article I remember a few words of one of my colleagues Zumur Roy. 
She said the other day that "Its good thing, Milan Bhai writes stories. I read his writings whenever it gets published in the magazine named Omega. 
Those were the words of encouragement, acceptance and acclamation and I believe with that encouragement only I could write this article.

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন